View Single Post
Old 05-03-2002, 11:36 PM   #29
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Cimmerian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cimmerian
Sting

The great black wolf looked on grimly as the she-wolf was set free, was there such a thing as honour among the two-leg devils, he wondered. He saw the female desperately snatch hold of her cub from Celebanca. Then they spoke. Words of praise he understood not.

Turning attention towards the old monkey he moved ahead. It seemed to watch him approach but made no attempt to flee. Silent as a spectre, the great black wolf loomed over the old creature. It looked at him with wise yet baleful eyes.

“What manner of creature are you” the wolf grunted “I see that there is more to you than meets the eye, and mine eyes are amongst the sharpest.”

The monkey, relieved that the wolf had given up the notion of eating him, said “I am of simian creed, my tale is long but I fear time is too short for me to tell it.”

“You are in league with the carrion fowl, and also with the great beast that is captive over there; tell me what goes on here?”

But before the simian can answer, a great pandemonium breaks loose in the city…. Two-legs are yelling and running about, torches being lit and the clang of weapons ring out. He looks around and sees the great she-wolf allying herself with the dog and helping her in some task. There is hope yet for the lost one, he muses.

Turning his attention to the simian, who nervously looks around, he says, “I know of the ones called Orc, they are a foul kind of the two-legs, but not very good at the ways of keeping wolf pets as the two-legs here are”
“Aye,” says the simian “they are enemies of the men of this land.”

Then the great wolf picks up the scent of fear coming from the dog, Mithiel. He looks out of the shadows to see the great she-wolf Celebanca being addressed by a few two-legs in aggressive fashion. He rears up, fangs and claws at the ready; he nearly springs forward when the monkey grabs him by the tail.

“What….Why do you stop me?” Rulf-Armon demanded of the simian, his salivating jaws a threat that sent chills down the monkey’s spine.

“Patience, great one, there is no immediate danger. Celebanca has the situation in control.” He says in a calm voice. “You have a bigger part to play yet; do not hinder things by intruding now for they will surely kill you before they know better.”

“How do you say this?” the wolf asked, rage and bloodlust drenching his voice.
“There is indeed more to you than meets my eye. Tell me, old one, what goes on here?”