View Single Post
Old 05-02-2002, 12:15 PM   #21
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Manelwen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Celebanca reached over and gently snapped the little boy's shirt in her jaw to pull him away from the wolf. "Rulf-Armon, I am glad to meet you, considering the circumstances of my little predicament." She diverted her attention to the little babe that had wiped it's runny nose on her leg. "Little one, your mother must be worried about you." She said softly, laying down and leaning her head over to nuzzle the child softly.

The black wolf growled, disgust glittering in his cold eyes, "You would forsake your ancestors for this thing, a spawn of all the pain that we have been through?" He growled.

"You," She took a deep breath, to control the white hot rage that burned in her mind, "Should realize where you are, the times we live in, and the things that have been in the past." She said the words that her grandmother and said to her in the past when she considered taking her revenge on the ones that killed her father.

His eyes were still intently on hers, and he stilled his pacing, as if he had come to a conclusion. "So you intend to join league with these two-footers?"

"No." Celebanca snapped, pulling her muzzle away from the squirming mass of pink flesh, "No. My pack was killed by elves in Lothlorien, I feel angry too, but this child has done nothing to deserve my wrath. What would it bring to me if I did kill this child? It would bring about my own death without a doubt." The babe had settled down and she could hear its breathing slowing as it drifted off to sleep, nestled against her chest. "Rulf-Armon, you best leave before they spot you and throw you in chains also."

The lights in the large manor to their side immediatly went on, a wail sounded through the still night air and immediatly, dogs began to bark. "I will find a way to get you out of here, Celebanca." He turned, looking over his shoulder before he ran quickly through the city, engluphed in the night's shadows.

Celebanca turned her head to the door, and saw it open, the grey hound that had previously talked to her, rushed out following at her master's heel. "You have him." The man said accusingly, pointing his finger at the wolf.

"That I do." The silver wolf nodded "He came to me and I kept him warm, the night air is probably dangerous for such a young one as this." She moved her head away to reveal the little boy who was sleeping in a small ball, against her chest.

"My baby!" The woman shoved her way passed the man and to the side of the wolf, "May I have him please!"

The wolf nodded her head "Yes, on one condition, you release me." Celebanca said, looking deep into the woman's dark eyes.

"Yes, anything. Aramir, get the chains off of her." She ordered quickly, wiping her hands on her dress, and licking her lips nervously. "NOW." She screamed.