View Single Post
Old 06-20-2002, 05:11 PM   #21
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Menelduliniel smiles, "Mithrandir! You underestimate me! I am always prepared!"

She puts her pack down and takes out a pack from within her pack. She opens it up and takes out a small leaf-wrapped cake of lembas. She offers some to Estelarion, who enthusiastically takes some. She offers it to the others around her, getting some takers. She then pulls out a rather large canteen, filled with water.

"I filled it in last night at the Prancing Pony," Meneli explained.

She takes a drink, and gives some to Estelarion, and offers it to anyone else who wants. She then sits down and eats.

When Meneli is done, she stands up and stretches, "Now what should I do, Mithrandir? Anything you need me to do?"

"Wait for me!" Estelarion said, quickly finishing his lembas.

The two stand up and look around, seeing what needs to be done.

Eventually, both go into the woods together to gather firewood.

They come back together as well, arms full of dry wood.

"Do not worry! We were careful!" Estelarion exclaimed cheerily. Estelarion greatly eased Meneli...he took her mind off of life. The only problem was, he reminded her so much of her love for another...but, he still cheered her up. She laughed at his zealous nature, and kneeled down to start a fire.

After the fire was started, Menelduliniel took out her bedding and put it near to the fire. She sat down on top of it and took out her book to read. Estelarion settled his things next to Meneli and just sat, staring at the fire.

"Ai, too bad my heart belongs to another," Meneli thought, "I could reall fall in love with Estelarion...and he with me, I believe."

She laughed aloud at this thought. It was the first time she had thought a frivolous thought like this in some time.

She smiled to herself and continued to read her book, still with her ears on the alert for nearby Orcs or Uruk-Hai.