View Single Post
Old 07-11-2002, 12:17 AM   #113
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Gandalf_theGrey has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Birdland:

Am definitely looking forward to some rewardingly worthwhile interaction between Birdie and Gandalf, my friend, and having our two characters get to know each other better. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I admit that my approach to running an RPG is eccentric when compared to the norm ... The reason why I posted that your character didn't get noticed, is because I was taking into account something known in ancient RPG rules as a "melee round." A melee round is defined as that portion of an RPG in which every individual on both sides, the player characters/company side and the monsters/adversaries side, get to take their turn by choosing an action which fills up a certain amount of "story time." Since Birdland's chosen action had been "running towards the others," ... I took that to mean that she was not within range of being attacked, nor was she in range of, say, holding a conversation with Gandalf, unless it were a far-off shouted one. Okay, so maybe I'm strange. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Also, topping that awesome plot collaboration between you and Bethberry in the scene where Wyrd swoops in to resuce Birdie would've been a tall order. * bows major compliments * [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Vanima Edhel:

Your character being unconscious actually goes along quite well with the story and is eminently logical when I look at it from my RPG background. Don't worry though, to my mind, the injuries Menelduliniel suffered should not be fatal and should quickly respond to treatment once you are under the care of a healer. As for Estelarion, his condition is more serious but even he should pull through.

Bethberry and Orofacion of the Vanyar:

I can relate to both the exhaustion and the intrusion of RL "real life" responsibilities this week. Believe me, I'm in a similar situation myself. When you're able to post, your posts will be welcome. * bows *

Gandalf the Grey