View Single Post
Old 08-30-2002, 10:44 PM   #668
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Child," said Birdie, "You are forgetting the offer of the King of the Mer-Folk, who swore that he would help Kali with his mission to find and free his people. The Mer-Folk would be willing to help with any supplies you might need for 50 Hobbits. And I myself can testify to the excellence of their fare."

Child was elated at the solution, then suddenly, a look of worry and suspicion appeared on her wise, Halfling face. "Birdie, just what kind of "supplies" are you referring to?"

"All kinds, they have every kind of fare you could want, though some might come in unfamiliar forms. They even have mushrooms!" Suddenly, the light dawned on Bird's face, and she said, in a defensive tone: "No! Not THOSE kind of mushrooms. Really, Child! Will you never let me live that down?"

"And what of the milk?" said Child "Can a hobbit child thrive on the food fit for a Mer-Child?"

"Oh, I think they can handle that as well" said Birdie, with a laugh. "Though you might be thrown for a minute by the peculiarity of the herd."