View Single Post
Old 08-12-2002, 07:08 AM   #493
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
White-Hand

In a dark dream, Mithadan knelt before several figures. Idril and Tuor stood there together. Next to them were Turgon and Ulmo. Before them all was Angara who asked "Where is Piosenniel?"

"Golden one," he said. "Angara, Piosenniel has sought the Houses of Waiting in the West. She was slain by orcs even as she protected Idril and her household. She is dead..." His chin dropped to his chest and his shoulders heaved with sobs.

Angara stood is silence. A stream of smoke trickled from her nostrils. Then her eyes grew brighter than her flames and a deep growl emitted from her chest.

"Child and Rose are not with us," continued Mithadan in an uneven voice. "They have chosen to stay with their kin and do such good as they can for the Hobbits as they suffer in thralldom. Only Bird and I are here now to return to the Lonely Star and somehow continue our quest."

Angara hissed. "Show me your blade, Man! Show me the blood of Piosenniel's murderer on your blade."

Mithadan looked up in grief, his face a mask of torment. "I cannot. I was not with her. She went ahead while I attempted to convince the Hobbits to return with us. When I reached Idril's house, she was slain. I was not there..."

Angara's scream shook the ground on which they stood. Tuor and Idril turned away and Turgon could not meet Mithadan's eyes. Ulmo alone faced the Man. He said nothing but merely shook his head.

Mithadan moaned in his sleep.

[OOC, I'm away until next Monday. I doubt I will post until then]

[ August 12, 2002: Message edited by: Mithadan ]

[ August 12, 2002: Message edited by: Mithadan ]