View Single Post
Old 09-28-2003, 04:44 PM   #124
Jack
Haunting Spirit

Jack has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Wyn walked slowly towards the inn. Éofalas frowned at the sky; the rain fell down on Éofalas’s light beard. Dark gray ominous clouds glowered down at the silent man who watched them. Wet and gray was the world, and the light storm trickled on. A light wind blew gentle sheets of rain and stirred Wyn’s tail and Éofalas’s long, pale braid.

Éofalas smiled as Wyn as he shook his light gray head letting water spray all over him. With all Éofalas’s hurrying they had been still drenched with the rain. Taking a dry cloth he rubbed Wyn down carefully. Then Éofalas rebraided Wyn’s dark mane. The gray stallion stood silent as Éofalas did his work. “Good boy Wyn,” Éofalas murmured.

As he worked Éofalas wondered if this was a good idea… I just need a few days. He thought. He had left Rohan to get a few days to himself. Now he was having second thoughts. Éofalas flipped his wet braid over his shoulder, and throwing his small pack over his shoulder Éofalas walked briskly out of the stables and towards the inn.

Breakfast is a beautiful word if you are hungry. Even more so if you have been traveling for many days and had only dry meat and a little stale bread. A hot breakfast would be most welcome to Éofalas, maybe even some ale to warm him first.

Éofalas stepped in the door and walked to one of the back tables and sat down. The warmth of the inn helped sooth his tense, aching muscles. Moving closer to the fire he sighed. He was beginning to think this was a good idea again.

[ September 28, 2003: Message edited by: Jack ]

[ October 15, 2003: Message edited by: Jack ]