View Single Post
Old 09-12-2003, 08:02 PM   #56
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elora has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Uien shot a glance to Falco Boffin, who seemed fascinated with the table his ale tankard sat upon still. Falowik had sat again and Uien turned to him with earnest face.

"I would not stand in your way, Falowik. Only this I will say. If Eodwine is injured then he will have need of a healer. My offer remains as it was earlier this day. Perhaps the Master of Buckland may find it as useful as the Shiriff did."

Falowik examined her closely, glancing back to where Doderic stood making arrangements for horses.

"I would not have you caught in this trouble," he murmured to her.

"Would you have me stand idle when a Man lies gravely injured, love?" Falowik sighed unhappily and looked back to Uien. A steadfast determination was luminous in her face. He shook his head, although to what Uien could not say. He leant towards her to speak quietly.

"And who might this be, so closely involved in these affairs," Doderic's voice intruded. Uien looked up to see that he was not well pleased.

"Uien," she said simply.

"Simply that," he pushed further. Elves went about with more than a singular name.

"Is that not enough Master Doderic," Uien countered. She relented as she saw his ire rise. "I am Uien of Lothlorien, once, but now I am Uien of the Green Dragon, healer."

Doderic, having Uien's identity in hand, got back to his chief business. "Seems we need to speak with the Stablemaster, one Derufin, to get a horse," he muttered unhappily. The delay was pressing on him.

"Perhaps I can assist you then. I am Derufin's assistant." Doderic looked at Uien with renewed interest, Falowik reluctant now. Uien stood and glanced to Falowik.

"A Man's life could hang in the balance, if I am not mistaken," she said further. Falowik rose from his seat.

"Indeed, Uien of Lothlorien. Lead on," Doderic replied urgently with a familiarity that Uien found remarkable given his earlier prickly nature. Falowik frowned with his misgivings but moved off with them as they set off in search of Derufin and horses. Uien glanced more than once to Falowik as they crossed the yard. Hope was in her eyes that he understood. If time was of the essence, and weighed upon his heart as she had seen it beneath the stars, then she would do all she could to aid him and this Eodwine, if only to set Falowik's heart free of regret.

"Interesting indeed that an Elf of Lothlorien, healer, lingers at an inn as a Stablehand," Doderic observed.

"And fortunate for your Master of Buckland, mayhap," Uien replied simply as they reached the stables.
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight