View Single Post
Old 08-23-2003, 05:56 AM   #165
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Averyll was about to speak when Vieana noticed a group of Finduilas' Dol Amroth guard standing by one of the doors leading out onto the balconies. "What do you suppose they are up to?" Vieana asked Averyll and Tessa who seemed to have the same question burning inside them once Vieana had brought it to their attention.

Their leader soon found them and bowed. "You dont suppose something has happened do you?" Averyll asked. "I hope not!" exclaimed Tessa who inheritantly looked in Finduilas direction. "I should find out, they know me. Those guards used to be under the command of my husband, excuse me." Vieana slowly made her way over to the men who all in turn bowed at her.

"What are you all standing around looking like someone is going to be assasinated?" Vieana asked frontly, which sent a small wave of shock between the guards. "Nothing Lady Vieana, well not intentionally anyhow. We have heard more and more tales about the Princess, snide comments from the Minas Tirith Guards." The first guard remarked darkly.

"Really." Vieana said raising an eyebrow. "So, it is now that you all are happy to reveal that there have been tales told. It is just so lucky for you that we already know and are attempting to fix them before any of our reputations are damaged." She said putting her hands on her hips. "You of all Naian, should know better. What would Dardanir say if he knew what you were up to. Is it not some sort of treason to keep this kind of knowledge to yourselves?"

"No Lady, not really, you see, you ladies, well, you are sensitive..."

"Rubbish." snorted Vieana. "I think im going to have to write Captain Dardanir and tell him of this situation. You must be at peace with Minas Tirith, do you understand? Do you know what it would mean for us to get off side with them? It would be close to Civil War." Vieana exaggerated this just a little, but to some affect as the guard bowed his head.

Vieana felt slightly bad for this. And in her kindest tone spoke "Now, please come in wont you? You are as welcome as we are here. You are the royal guard. See here, you may make up for you mistake by dancing with me."

"Would that really be appropriate Lady Vieana?" Naian asked. "Dont be so silly!" said Vieana and she brought the group of guards into the ballroom and danced one dance with each of them before leaving them to the Minas Tirith court and retiring to a chair by the side of the room.

~My lord, Éomer~