View Single Post
Old 08-12-2003, 07:25 PM   #136
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Tessa had come in some minutes before, and had learned about their venture to Pelien's house. Vieana was frozen to the spot. Averyll, thank eru, was there to explain what was going on. Yes, Vieana was not good at explaining her plotting. Infact she was becoming more ashamed by the minute. She could tell that she had gone pale again, she did when she was nervous.

She was too busy listening to her own heartbeat when Tessa spoke up "Woman like that are snakes. They think of their own interests- and usually those arenīt very healthy for other people. So, if you are convinced to go to that little tea-party, be my guest. But if either of you end up poisend by that snakes fangs- or, as a matter of fact, her tea- donīt say I didnīt warn you!"

She was right, they were snakes, all of them. And Vieana was not so innocent of it either, Vieana's sister Vanroch was one of the ones who looked down slightly on Finduilas after last year, and Vanroch was a snake.

Averyll lead Tessa away from where people could hear, while Elen and Vieana sat chewing nervously on their nails. Every few seconds Vieana glanced at Elen, who she guessed was feeling the same as she was, and at Tessa and Averyll. After much talking, Tessa promised to keep this a secret. To which Vieana was much relieved.

"I cant help but feel guilty now..." Vieana spoke as the ladies sat speaking about the coming meeting. "I mean, Lady Pelien, is well, a ladyof this city. Are you sure we are not out of our depth?... Just a little?"

"Hush Vieana! think about it later, then it wont matter so much." Elen said. "Honestly you worry too much!"

Vieana put her hand up to speak and then put it back down. "How long?" Vieana asked.

~My lord, Éomer~