View Single Post
Old 07-05-2003, 11:37 AM   #39
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quickly scanning the crowd Emilia spotted Dryea eating. Quickly she walked over to her.

"Dryea what is all this about Finduilas?"
"Hello to you too Emilia" Dryea returned mildly. Emilia blushed, it was unlike her to be rude.

"I'm sorry" she said. "It's good to see you, you look beautiful. It's just that it seems suddenly everyone in this city wants to talk to me about something...do you know I haven't even had anything to eat yet?"

Dryea motioned to her to sit down, Emilia shook her head distractedly and began to pace in front of Dryea.

"So, what is this about Finduilas? Is it true that she isn't from Dol Amroth at all?"
Emilia turned and stared at her friend, who took a while to consider.
"I haven't heard anything of that sort," she said evenly. "But I did not hear of her during my residence in that city, which is saying something if she is supposed royalty." Emilia's eyes widened.
"How likely is it that you are wrong?" she asked breathlessly.
"It is possible..." Dryea answered vaguely.

A smile began to spread it's way across Emilia's face.
"There would be honour for anyone who saved Denethor from an imposter?" she said casually, eyes gleaming. Dryea nodded imperceptibly. Emilia hugged herself with glee.
Better and better! she thought excitedly.

[ July 25, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link