View Single Post
Old 07-03-2003, 11:38 AM   #24
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Adrama sipped her wine as she walked swiftly back and forth, and, her eyes riveted on Finduilas, didn't notice what was going on around her... or in front of her. She felt herself colliding with someone, and she hit the ground rather hard. Brushing some strands of hair out of her face, she passed her hand hastily across her eyes, trying to see past the blur of tears, for tears had been in her eyes thinking again of why Finduilas was there. A hand was offered and she took it, standing up and trying to see who it was that was standing in front of her. At last the tears had dried up a little so she could make out a woman... but who was it?

Adrama knew she had met this woman before. Her face was vaguely familiar. Adrama felt herself blushing as she realized she was in the situation where she knew the person standing in front of her, but she had absolutely no idea who it was. Desperately searching her mind, she nodded her head in a polite, friendly way. How horrible it was, to bump into someone you saw nearly every day of your life and yet not remember who it was or what she was called?

"Adrama?" the woman said, concern in her voice. "What's wrong? You look horrible." As soon as she spoke the words, Adrama realized who it was and her head shot up, tears coming to her eyes once again.

"Oh, Emilia!" she cried. "It's so good to see you. I can't stand to look at Finduilas another moment."

"Why not?" Emilia hesitated, not sure what to say. "Adrama, do tell me what's wrong."

And so Adrama told her the whole story. Her love for Denethor, her mother's ambitious plans, that news of Finduilas, and she even went so far as to tell Emilia about Addruran's cold words. Emilia secretly thought that Addruran was rather justified from the way she gathered Adrama had behaved, and that Addruran would make her a finer husband that Denethor, but she did not say so. Instead she just listened, not saying a single word until Adrama had finished her tale.

The latter raised her chin and spoke in a defiant voice. "I don't care what my mother and father say to me," she said in a haughty voice. "I hate Finduilas, and I will not behave to her otherwise. She's absolutely ruined my life, and I won't forgive her for it."

[ July 03, 2003: Message edited by: Nurumaiel ]