View Single Post
Old 07-14-2003, 06:45 PM   #209
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elora has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Works for me... and happily shall Ranne and I connive [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img].

As for location of accomodation, can we perhaps consider a compromise if there are those who think a re-edit for location is needed.

I agree that Ruiel will have made it her business to acquire her private Manor where she would be free with her daughters and others to conduct her business in private.

However, I also believe that it is possible that the Steward would have the capacity to offer temporary lodgings to guests so that they would not need to find carriage across Minas Tirith so late at night after an official function.

My compromise is that Dryea, her sister, mother and their household, would have installed themselves temporarily in the guest quarters but will of course need the privacy of their estates to further execute their nefarious plans.

Why do I suggest this? Well, I see a number of advantages outside of the tiresome editing well after the fact. (Editing can be a risky business, as it changes details that can have a consequential effect far beyond what you may think - ripples in a pond).

It gives the Umbarian contingent some "space" in which to get truly dastardly in. Ruiel will also possess estates in Dol Amroth too. You may recall from her character profile, she inculcated herself into Dol Amroth following her husband's demise... err, death I should say. Demise is alledged [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]. Where Ruiel acquired her weath is mysterious. Stands to reason she profited immensely from her activities, but those who do not know the real story behind the Umbarian contingent will not know about how she came by her wealth (extortion, racketeering, smuggling, murder for hire and so on and so forth - enterprising women, those ladies).

Secondly, it allows the impression of wealth, stability and luxuriant generosity of the House of Stewards that they can put guests up in such lodgings.

Thirdly, it means that the Gondor contingent can spy.... erm, I mean "learn" more about the Umbarian contingent whilst they're on their turf and observed by the Gondorian household staff and members. Fourthly, it means that the necessary equipment can be kept safe keeping for the treachery to occur. Fifth, it provides a stronghold for the Umbarians, where all their culpability can be concentrated should it be rooted out and captured. Informants can show up, seek shelter, spies smuggled in and out, contraband, weapons and so on and so forth.

With a stronghold captured, and all that it held, the guilt of the Umbarian group would be an easy case to make.

That's my suggestion as I see it.

Sorry if it muddies the waters further, but I think it could work to everyone's advantage.

Now, where's that Ranne gotten to? Ruiel needs to prepare for the luncheon and her departure to her manor. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight