View Single Post
Old 08-30-2003, 02:07 AM   #73
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Arië had clearly spoken before she had thought. She was a smart elf. A river, a fast running river... how do we get across, now think.she said to herself while pacing with her hands on her hips. She looked up at a nearby tree then back at the others. "Rope" she exclaimed with a hopeful laugh, and looked at the other to see if any of them had thought the same thing.

Their blank faces staring back had told her they hadnt. In an excited glance at the thers Arië scrambled over to Ainemention and took a piece of rope from his bag. Not noticing the agrivated look on his face the young elf cried "You see!" she said Turning to the others. "See what!" exclaimed Ainemention. "The rope, Taurëwen and Ainemention both have some! We can use them to get across the river, I will shoot them with my bow, into a strong tree with thick bark of course so i dont fall into the river and simply run across!"

Arië had smiled at the thought of just how clever she had been. "Good work Arië!" Ceros cried approvingly from beside Ihwesta. Arië beamed and automatically retrieved her bow from the ground and fitted an arrow to the string. "Why do you get to ge across Younger?" Ihwesta grinned at her.

"Because, im the smallest and lightest." Arië smugly replied to her friend and fired the arrow. It landed with perfect precision (for once) in the middle of the tree she had been aiming for. She bent to make sure it would hold her and carefully stepped from the shore. So far so good. she said to herself as she inched closer and closer to one quarter way of the 'bridge'. In no time she reached three quarter way and the bridge shook, unforseen by Arië who would have been sent into the water if she had not realised in the time she did. Then swiftly made her way across to the other side.

With a sigh of relief the young elf glanced at the company on the other side of the river. She waved at them before hastily reaching the arrow in the tree. She untied it form the arrow and made sure the rope was secure around the tree before beckoning for the others to join her.

[ August 31, 2003: Message edited by: Everdawn ]

~My lord, Éomer~