View Single Post
Old 08-04-2001, 11:44 PM   #23
Iulbahar
Pile O'Bones

Iulbahar has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Newly Deceased
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Re: The Game in Progress; (storyline)

KALOHERN is obviously destined to become a hero at some point but not yet. (He needs to train his horse and he is hoping to be admitted to the ranks of the Riders) He is partly based on Beaumains from the Arthurian legend, except that he works in the stable, not the kitchen. Like his horse, his parentage may turn out to be more exalted than he believes. (more shades of Arthur) When Rohan is very hard pressed they may have need of a good rider so he can bide his time until a good opportunity presents itself.
TELEFAX (inspired by Alexander's Bucephalos, hence his derisory nickname) will improve with training until he realises his true potential; again he is being kept in readiness until Rohan's need is great. He can be identified by any knowledgeable horseman as being of the noble line of Meordas because he bears the Ermine mark; a small white spot on his right fetlock. (This is a real phenomenum in some modern thoroughbreds)
My idea for these two is for them to develop in the background, at the same time witnessing the main events of the story until the time comes for them to be &quot;revealed&quot;.
GUTHRIN: I introduced him as a kind of &quot;dastardly rotter&quot; to cause problems for Kalohern and others due to his arrogance and snobbishness. He has no scruples and is secretly a coward and a cheat. He is obviously destined to meet a particularly nasty end after he has wreaked enough havoc. I have no objection to another player &quot;adopting&quot; him if anyone wants to. (Gee, thanks!)
DERNWINE has arrived at the camp bearing fell tidings; he is not my character so I don't know exactly what this is. (I only know that he left the others to return to the camp.) Maybe it's just the news of the &quot;aliens&quot;, maybe he has learned something else in the meantime. (to be decided in accordance with other players' wishes)
The next move my characters make will depend on what the news is and how Theoden and Co. react to it!

</p>