View Single Post
Old 09-08-2003, 11:59 AM   #108
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Sting

Pio’s post

Graitwa pointed his sword against the man’s chest. ‘Get it done with!’ cried Archim, finishing his own attacker off with a savage thrust to the hapless man’s neck; though, not before the man plunged his dagger into Archim’s right forearm. Graitwa grunted his compliance as the hilt of his sword slid into the other ruffian’s chest.

‘Two down!’ The excitement of victory gripped him, and Archim turned toward the last two of their attackers. The one nearest Hama had thrust his spear viciously toward the guard’s leg, and would have cut him clean through, save that Hama’s horse veered out of the way. Hama received a nasty cut on the side of his calf, but putting aside the pain that ripped through his leg, he rounded on the man with his blade slashing. Archim drew near on his horse to lend Hama aid. Graitwa by this time had dropped back to where Fréa had stopped, his sword ready to defend his brother.

Dain's post

With two of the bandits so readily dispatched, the remaining ruffians took off racing for the hills at breakneck speed, as they left their fallen companions behind on the ground. When it looked as if Hama might also decide to give chase and try to emulate Archim’s deed, Fréa raised his hand in warning and abruptly drew the band to a halt, throwing an angry glance over his shoulder. “You worthless curs, all of you.” Fréa bellowed out his rage. “We’ve lost enough time on this fool’s errand! If you’d listened to me, this would never have happened. We’d be far north by now, and Brytta would be in our grasp.”

Archim turned around and froze, “Cur? You dared call me a cur? Your own brother! Who saved your neck back there? Fréa, I did not see you take down any bandits. If Graitwa and I hadn’t saved your skin, you’d be lying in the dirt cold and stiff. If anyone deserves the name of “cowardly cur”, it is you, not me.”

Fréa felt his rage boil over as he automatically grabbed for the hilt of his sword and brandished it at his younger brother, swinging it wildly in his direction. Only his blind madness caused the blow to go astray and swipe harmlessly down into the grass. At this point, Hama intervened, recklessly positioning his own body between those of the two feuding brothers, crying out at them to stop, since Brytta and his band would go unpunished if the Forgoils managed to kill each other first.

These words jerked Fréa back to reality as he shakily slid his sword back within its scabbard and barked at the group to head north and west in the direction of Fornost. He took off at a wild gallop outdistancing his brothers and Hama, listening to the angry voice in his head that raged on. If it was not for Archim’s stupidity, we would be there by now. Why am I blessed with such idiots as brothers?

[ September 08, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]