View Single Post
Old 03-29-2003, 10:29 AM   #31
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Silmaril

Elen rose from her seat and walked to the large table across the room. The ranger she had seen earlier was seated at the table, also hobbits, men and an elf. She took her seat next to the hobbit lass who had just walked into the room. A she-elf approached the table claiming to have a cure. Elen listened intently.

"I speak of a herb, a plant called the Ainereg, that grows only in one place in Middle- Earth: in Fangorn Forest. You Halflings may have never heard of it, and that is good, because if you had, you would not dare to go there. Yet I tell you, you have naught to fear. Now, I ask again, will you come with me, and seek hope for your families, and your homes. Will you follow me?"

First another elf spoke, Elen waited patiently. She doubted very much that Ainereg existed. She had heard of it many a time in tales and legend but tales and Legend changed and could not always be true to their words.

“I have heard of that. Ainereg.” Elen said thoughtfully, now speaking up. Many seemed surprised to see her, as they did not even notice her sitting there. They fixed their eyes on her and she continued, “ But it is no more than a legend is it not? This disease spreads fast, as I am sure you all know. Can we trust the safety of our lands on a Legend and this elf? We could go, not find anything and return to nothing!” She leaned back in her chair, she had caused an unrest around the table and many of them looked apprehensive. She had done it again, opened her mouth without thinking. Maybe she should say something. “But I will go, if nothing else can be thought of…”