View Single Post
Old 03-29-2003, 06:02 AM   #28
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Andunériel, who had watched the group of Shire-folk and a Ranger in a corner, rose. She moved towards the table where they were sitting. Gently, she poked one of the halflings in the back. He turned around and stared at her for a moment. She shot him a steady, testing look, then turned to the table.

"Is this the meeting on behalf of the mysterious disease distroying the crops?" she asked, her voice loud and clear. The hobbit at her side noddded.

"That is well. I hear you want to help, want to save your families and your land. Well there is a hope that you may do so. It lies at the end of a long and perilious journey through Eriador and over the Hithaeglir. Yet if there is a cure, it is this one I speak of, and I highly doubt, that anything else could help. I come from Riovendell, Andunériel is my name. You speak of the lore of herbs, my friend", she smiled at the hobbit, "There could be no better master than one of the Eldar. I will come with you. I will lead you to the cure for this dreadfull disease. Will you follow me?"

"No offence, Lady, but where does this journey go? What is this cure you speak of?" one of the hobbits blurted out.

"I speak of a herb, a plant called the Ainereg, that grows only in one place in Middle- Earth: in Fangorn Forest. You Halflings may have never heard of it, and that is good, because if you had, you would not dare to go there. Yet I tell you, you have naught to fear. Now, I ask again, will you come with me, and seek hope for your families, and your homes. Will you follow me?"