View Single Post
Old 03-26-2003, 08:44 PM   #22
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Anson gave a deep sigh when he sat down at a table in the common room, his friends and kinsmen about him. He was a little worried about Peony, but the girl was nearly come of age. She could look after herself. Besides, Fredegar was right, who was going to bother a little hobbit girl from the Shire?

"As soon as Peony comes back I'd like to get organized," he said to the hobbits gathered around him. Then he stood up, and drew a breath, and said in a loud voice:

"My friends, we are the representatives of the hobbits who are here for the meeting concerning the disease that is spreading across the north. I am Anson Hornblower, and I speak for my group when I say that we are ready to begin talks and decide what to do. I see from the nodding heads that many of you are here for our same purpose. We are missing one of our members, but she will hopefully come back soon, and we can start. I look forward to hearing your opinions, your suggestions, and your plans, for I do not doubt that some of you, indeed many of you, and perhaps all of you, are more educated in the study of diseases, and will know how to combat this plague. If we could designate a place in the room for our talks--I would suggest this large table right here, for I do not assume that we would overcrowd it--perhaps we could start."