View Single Post
Old 03-23-2003, 05:29 PM   #19
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Is everyone ready? Then let's move out," called Anson, shouldering his pack. He watched Peony as she did the same and the group formed. "Let's go," he cried, and a great shout rose from the gathered hobbits.

He led them out to the road, and explained the trip to them. There might be some small dangers on the way to Bree--hungry and wild animals, perhaps bandits--but for the most part it would be safe. Once they left Bree the real danger would begin, and they would need to make some decisions.

Not everyone would be needed, Anson explained. Only three representatives of the Halflings would even be required. This was voluntary, he said, and there was no need to feel obligated to go. You took your life into your own hands if you left the Prancing Pony to go eastward.

The trip took several days, but none of the dangers that Anson had feared came to pass. They saw wolves and hunger-wild dogs in the bushes, their yellow and brown eyes glowing menacingly, but then quickly either left or dispatched of them.

So it was that, hungry, wet, and disheveled, but all in one piece, the Hobbiton contingent arrived at Bree, at the Prancing Pony.

[ March 23, 2003: Message edited by: Orual ]