View Single Post
Old 05-02-2003, 04:08 AM   #337
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

the real findorfin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to the real findorfin Send a message via AIM to the real findorfin
Sting

Fin finally finished the last bottle of wine on the table and noticed that Sophia had dropped off. He must have lost track of time somewhere as well. Trippo had left, the bar was covered in sleeping people, in fact most of the room was sleeping. He noticed the Saucepan Man was looking frantically around and decided to go and look. He passed Cuthalion and Maika and nodded. He wondered where Helka and Aman were, probably asleep in a corner as well.

Fin knew from experience that parties of this magnitude flowed in hills and troughs. At one moment everyone was active, then the next minute sleep overtook everyone. And then, moments later everyone was up again.

As he crossed the room to intercept the Saucepan Man, a yellow chicken, who just kicked a bag of peanuts into Mattius' eyes, ran into him.
"Wow," Fin said unsteadily, nearly falling over.
"Sorry," muttered the chicken and ran off. Was it Fin or was he crying?

He continued over and finally made it to his destination.

"Lost something," he asked.

"No I will not grin!" the clanging man replied, "I've lost my Magic Pot."

"Oh..." said Fin, pretending to understand. "Would you like me to help."

"yes, please do," the strange new friend replied.

As Fin began to search for the absent pot, he wondered why the Saucepan Man only managed to hear correctly when people offered something.