View Single Post
Old 05-01-2003, 03:56 PM   #156
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Mr. And Mrs. Bracegirdle arrive at the birthday party with gifts in hand. Hilde looks uncertain as she sees the elite posing for paparazzi stationed on the oh so very red carpet.

“Isn’t there a side door to this place?” she muttered eying the remains of a port a potty. Looks like things are already out of hand.

“Still we had better check it out. You don’t see this type of spectacle none too often and at any rate it is sure to prove an interesting time.” was Mr. B.’s reply.

Skirting the crowd, and a group of hobbits carrying shoves, rakes and hoes in a rather menacing manner, the couple gained entrance. Out of habit Hilde began looking around for a designated gift table, and Mr. B. wandered off to inspect the kitchen via the bar. It was a familiar routine, but the crowd was anything but ordinary. After locating a place to put her packages, Hilde positioned herself at the fringe of the stellar entourage, and wondered absently if see could nip out and walk around the city walls a bit before her husband returned. “Let see, if I hurry I could fit about 2 more miles before I lose the light.” She began to visualize the city and it’s sites…sunset on the wall….

She came back to reality as someone carrying a rather large helping of barbequed dragon crossed her line of vision. “Now there’s a rather perverse dish! Maybe I’ll just peek at the buffet table first.”