View Single Post
Old 06-25-2003, 11:59 AM   #36
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Frodides smiled back at Mia. "Thank you for your help," she said. She looked at Dierna and gave her a kind look. "I'm very pleased to meet you, Dierna." Letting go of her daughter's hand, she gave her a gentle push forward, leaning down and whispering in her ear. Mærcwen spread out her skirt, and made a deep curtsy, saying, "I am pleased to meet you, Mia and Dierna."

"How sweet!" Mia said, laughing a little. Mærcwen blushed prettily and curtsied again. Mia smiled at her, and then she looked up at Frodides, a light in her eyes. Frodides did not notice; she was too busy with the glasses. "Frodides, can your daughter sing?" she asked.

Frodides gave Mia a look of surprise, and then laughed, lifting her daughter up and setting her down next to the glasses. "Yes, miss, she certainly can," she replied, tweaking her daughter's nose. "She loves to sing... and dance." She set down a glass she had just finished and picked up another one, smiling a little as she recalled those nights at home when Mærcwen would perform for her weary father after a long day of looking for work.

Mia smiled widely. "And you say she can dance?" At Frodides nod, Mia continued on rapidly. "You know of the party tonight? We are planning on having a children's choir sing, and Mærcwen should join them." She began speaking quicker as her excitement grew. "But if Mærcwen can dance, she could teach some of my sister's one of the ones she knows and they could perform a dance routine tonight!"

"What a wonderful idea!" Frodides cried. "Mia, let us do that, shall we?" She began working on another glass, and they began to discuss costumes, dances, and music for their planned performance that night. A suggestion from Mia that two of the girls could dance while the rest of the children sang threw Frodides into more excitement. With all their planning, the time passed merrily and the work of cleaning glasses was soon done.