Thread: Swan Wood - RPG
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2004, 09:29 PM   #218
Kryssal
Wight

Kryssal has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Lanaey had slept a bit that night so that she would be at full awareness for the coming fight. As the majority of the humans started stirring and waking the Elf went to Herebrand to find out who her soldiers were.

"Share a plate, Lady. My men cook good stew; it'll give you strength," the Captain invited before she could speak herself.

She sat down gingerly to not disturb the just changed bandages; let them do what good they could before made useless by battle movements. With a 'thank you' she started eating the shallow bowl of stew which looked more like glorified chicken gravy.

"I was wondering where my men are. I'd like to look them all over and tell them exactly what we have planned," she got her point out straight once her food was finished.

Herebrand nodded and put another large spoonful of stew into his mouth, swallowing before responding. "I thought you might. I divided them," he pointed off to one side where one distinct group of several hundred men with horses going about their morning habits, "and those are under your command."

"Thank you," she clasped his hand and stood up. "See you out there," and she walked off toward her group.

A third of the way to her destination Leena came running up to her. The priestess slowed as she neared. "You from east, me from west," her eyes flashed.

"That is the plan. Know where your men are yet?"

"I'm going to Herebrand now. I'm guessing those are yours," at Lanaey's nod she continued, "meet you in the middle?"

They shook hands. "It's a promise." A grin spread wide on each.

~*~

The brothers had long discussed what they wanted to do in the fight. Their initial reaction was to go with Laurel and keep an eye over her, but they were better bowmen than fighters and could realistically help more that way.

Jesslyn was getting some breakfast when they came up to her suddenly. She looked a bit startled at their entrance.

Galain spoke for them. "We would like to enter the fight with your group, but will go to fighting need be. What say you?"