View Single Post
Old 01-14-2004, 11:59 PM   #217
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Sting

I will be there until the end

Laurel smiled at Cartil's loyalty, and was truly happy to have someone like him, and his sister close by. When Jesslyn came back, she suggested that the archers take a more decisive role, and move further to counter any escaping Wild Men.

'That is a very good idea, and we shall use it Jesslyn' Laurel smiled

'We want a strong victory, and I think the Gondorians have given it to us. We now have four definite groups that can strike at the Wild Men, as well as your archers. We have an advantage now'

With four groups lead by herself, Leena, Lanaey, and Herebrand; Laurel had higher hopes than she had before. After all the planninbg had been done, now they needed rest.

Laurel slowly made her way out of her chair, and eased down on a cot not far from Cartil.

'Goodnight to you both' she said 'May you be ready for what it ahead!' she grinned.

~*~

Herebrand greeted the dawn and stretched in the dawn. Ohtaredan stumbled to waking behind him.

'Riding to War today my friend! What a thing! My blood courses!'

He had been informed of what he should do. His army was to be divided into two groups. He was to lead his men on horseback in a charge on the exposed side of the camp. Laurel was to take his other men and ambush from behind. All with skill of bow were to be sent in a group with teh Lady Jesslyn. Herebrand had allready mentally divided his group. He strolled over to the camp of the men of Gondor, and saw him doing the same.

Bowing respectfully to Gellick he said: 'I am honoured to ride with you today Sir' Gellick gave agrin 'An I you, Sir Herebrand. Our Alliance is ever strong, and I rejoice in it'

He turned his head when he heard someone call out the name of Lady Laurel. He saw a lone man, running down the main street, barely holding himself up. Herebrand ran to his aid...

~*~

Annunfuin felt himself held up by the strong Herebrand.

'I need to speak with Laurel' he mumbled. His mouth was dry and he fumbled with his words.

He had ran from the forest after helping all the women and children to safety, following the line of people moving from the Village. He had an urgency in his heart that Laurel needed his help, and what he had gleaned from those walking by him helped his resolve. A new army had come, and they rose the hopes of all. The Last Stand had been planned.

Herebrand turned the mans body to the Sick House, and he saw the worried face of a man he knew 'Gellick! Praise to Eru!'

The two embraced, and Gellick asked of all those who had come to represent Gondor. Slowly Annunfuin told his tale, and mourned for Sir Thagin again. He was then informed that Lady Leena was leading one of the armies, and his courage swelled in him.

'I wish to be in this Last Stand! Show me to Lady Laurel!'

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 1:12 AM January 18, 2004: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]