Thread: Swan Wood - RPG
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2004, 06:25 AM   #215
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Sting

Laurel listened, as Jesslyn said quietly "I guess I am. Though, I feel selfish to say that I am scared for myself, and so I will admit that I am even more scared for those that I love and have come to know and love on this journey,"

"I guess it doesn't matter much though, for we've begun this fight for Alphirion and thus we must finish it, whether we are fearful or not."

Laurel smiled at her, and felt a great care rise for her. She had not known Jesslyn very long at all, but she had grown to respect her greatly. Her attitude was a great sight more carefree than Laurel's. At first she had not understood it, but as her hope waned, she came to find it a great blessing.

"Well said," grinned Cartil at his sister. As if his body was telling him his own strength, he coughed heavily.

'Ill get us some water' Laurel mumbled and got swiftly out of her chair. To Laurel's embarassment, her body did the same, and moved her right back to her chair with a throb from her leg. Jesslyn wasted no time, and went to get the water herself.

"Will you be able to fight with your leg?"

Laurel looked at Cartil. His face showed a deep concern, and she was taken aback by it.

"And what about you, Cartil? Are you going to go out and fight as well? With your injuries?" Laurel said it quickly, glossing over her own hurt.

"Of course I will fight. I will fight for the innocent of Alphirion, and for their hopes for the future. I'll fight behind you, Laurel, and I'll fight for you,"

For me... she thought with a smile. She never thought she could head an army.

She felt Cartil take her hand quickly, and pull her closer to him. She stared at him, shocked at the look in his eyes.

"Laurel, I won't let you be taken by Cuor. I won't live to see you become some toy for a disgusting Wild Man."

Laurel's face grew pale. She thought of Cuor, and what his motives could be, and she felt sick. She looked at Cartil, and felt very useless.

'I..' she paused, and tried to keep the colour from her face. 'I thank you for that. I hope it does not come to a matter of life or death Cartil...'

~*~

Cuor moved through the forest, following the river through the dense trees outside of the Swan House. His mind turned over and over, of what those two brothers could possibly do.

He smiled 'My plan cannot be undone. It cannot. It is foolproof! Those foolish Eldar think they know all! They think me so low! It shall not always be so! They have their futile attack planned. It matters not what happens. I shall snatch her in the heat of the battle, and no-one shall know! Not until it is too late...' This thought kept a smile on his face from the Village to the forest.

His ears could pick up the arrival of the soldiers of Gondor arriving, and he smiled. He wished for many armies to join in the chaos of the battle. He wanted to be able to move as a shadow, in and out with his prize.