Thread: Swan Wood - RPG
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2003, 10:41 PM   #211
Kryssal
Wight

Kryssal has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Lanaey had been talking with the dark brothers and Leena when the new army arrived. She smiled fiercly and was happily thinking about how this would help them fight the wildmen when Leena hugged her too hard causing a spasm in her back wound. Leena hadn't noticed and moved on to find Herebrand for a quick chat about the new 'recruits'. Galain came up and took hold of her elbow, giving her stability when her back curved against her will.

"Forget about your wounds?" He asked mildly while his older brother chuckled from behind them.

Lanaey barely smiled in return. "Yes, actually. I suppose I simply put it to the back of my mind and it decided now was the time to remind me. I think I need to put some more salve on it with bandages over night."

She moved to walk away towards the sick house, but Galain held onto her elbow and turned her direction over toward the edge of the center square where Gorath was now rummaging through what Lanaey recognized as their packs.

"Try our medicine. It will help for upcoming days," Galain smiled at the female Elf as his sibling produced the mixtures.

A warm smile spread over her lips. "Thank you."

~*~

Leena grinned and looked like she might burst into giggles or jump into an attack when she approached Herebrand.

"Those groups of ours might be a little bigger now."

Ohtaredan laughed while Herebrand nodded his assent. The captain spoke after his friend's gails had ended. "So eager for battle fair maiden?"

The priestess' eyes flashed and she stepped forward a pace. "Do you question my ability or valor?"

Herebrand shook his head slowly. "Nay, just your thirst."

She stepped back to stand straight and glared at him. "It is in check and will remain so," though her burst of anger marked against that. She glanced around at all the settling men. "I should turn in," and she nodded curtly at the two soldiers before walking briskly away.

Herebrand and Ohtaredan watched her leave and then looked at each other. Finally Ohtaredan shrugged then clapped his captain on the shoulder. "Don't worry about it. The more lust the harder she'll fight in the end since she wouldn't listen anyway. I'm off to find food."