Thread: Swan Wood - RPG
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2003, 10:55 PM   #206
Kryssal
Wight

Kryssal has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Leena wasn't going to wait to see if anyone would stand beside Laurel; she was just going to charge up there and scold anyone who didn't do the same, until Lanaey put a restraining hand on her arm. Leena glanced sharply at the Elf and almost tore her arm away until she met eyes. Lanaey slightly shook her head and indicated she should sit back down.

"It would be better for them to decide for themselves. See how Herebrand is waiting? He wants his men to be eager," Lanaey looked over in the direction of the Rohirrim army.

Indeed, Herebrand simply stood there watching Laurel who was slowly moving her gaze over those assembled. Leena couldn't understand it; they should show their immediate support. It didn't take very long for the soldiers who were gathered to start shifting. Four men seemed to be moving around them quickly, soon they went forward and each took a turn at speaking in their Captain's ear. As each took their turn, stepping out of the others, Leena could make out they were the three she had wanted to come along joined by Ohtaredan. She sat up straighter as Herebrand nodded and stepped forward.

"Me and this patrol," Herebrand's voice rang through the small area, "will fight with you for victory."

All of the soldiers raised their arms and shouts to show their support of the decision.

Now Lanaey rose, bringing Leena up with her. As they walked up toward Laurel they were joined by a slightly flushed Jesslyn. The soldiers stopped cheering so they could hear the renewed pledges of the warrior women.

Jesslyn stepped faster than the other two and reached Laurel just ahead of the older ones.

"I speak for myself and my brother, we will stand with you," she looked the part of a stern warrior eager once again for battle and her voice was strong and unwavering. She gripped Laurel's hand hard, then moved away, inbetween the Swan Wood maiden and the Rohirrim army.

Leena also gripped Laurel's hand. "I fight," was all she said before she moved back to join Jesslyn.

Lanaey took Laurel's hand and put her other over, completely covering Laurel's one hand. In a small shout she proclaimed, "We all fight!"

That brought another set of cheers. The cries were suddenly brought short as two figures appeared quit suddenly behind Laurel. She turned as the dark Elf brothers approached. They didn't say anything, just nodded a bit, then went and joined the three women.

Laurel turned back and stood tall as she faced all those now waiting on her to speak again.