Thread: Swan Wood - RPG
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2003, 04:28 AM   #25
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Silmaril

Laurel made her way to the dawn council she had organised. The town was waking and its beauty was beginning to sink deep beneath her veins. She had just been at the hill overlooking the plains, and seen the white city at dawn. Her grandfather Havlor told her it was the greatest sight in the entire world, and made you want to protect the City till the day you died. Laurel stood there, and looked at the mountains creep down and nestle against the stone of pure white. She scanned the buildings of serene beauty, their tall spires calling to the Gods of the sky. The banners and standards of Gondor were straight in the wind. Laurel felt her breath escape her. The light made all the city glow with purity, and her eyes were fixed ‘I would die for that city’ she thought. She imagined the White tree, sitting in its place in the great courtyard, brimming with hope for all time. And she remembered the stories of the Great King, rising to his throne for the first time, and the tears that flowed like water on the dawn of the new age. ‘I have seen it, dear grandfather’ she mumbled to herself ‘now I know. I will fight for it if ever given the chance, but my greater need now, if for the small White House of the Lady of the Swan’

Laurel took her place by the high seat in Calembel. Elves and Men all filed around. Annunfuin stood at the front, a small smile spread on his face. Laurel smiled at him and then spoke ‘I have called this final council before we leave. I ask of and queries that you may have of our journey. Most were told in the pleas, and have already met your ears. Speak now, and all will be made known’

Slowly voices rose up…