View Single Post
Old 07-29-2003, 02:10 PM   #160
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Daniel Telcontar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thelian threw a dagger into an orc, and it dropped its crossbow. The fight was over, the orcs were slain. It had seemed like it had lasted several hours, but when Thelian looked at the sun it had barely moved.

He looked at Arthain, who held a hand to his wound in the side. Thelian considered what to do, but only for a few seconds. Arthain had saved his life, and even if he hadn't, Thelian could not refuse to give aid to a wounded.

He approached Arthain, and, extending his hand towards the wound. "Here, let me see it. I have a few herbs that will stop the blood."

Arthain looked at Thelian with surprise, before allowing him to remove his armour and take a closer look at his wound. Arthain had a medical kit himself, in his pouch, like every Númenorian soldier, but he saw a chance for being reconcilliated with Thelian, and he would not waste that chance.

Soon after, Arthain was patched together, and expressed his gratitude towards Thelian.

The latter said nothing more of the matter, but searched the wagons to get a view of the damage. He pushed away the body of an orc, which still had black blood flowing from it.

Thelian thought at the matter, that Arthain's blood had been red. And so was his own. "Perhaps, elves and men are more alike than I have believed so far. And Arthain spilled his blood for me. Perhaps - perhaps it is time for forgiveness, and not hate."

The last thought came with hesitation, as if spoken aloud, but Thelian knew that it was true nonetheless.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Khalad watched as Vlad pushed Melost to the ground near the fire, and then stared in each direction, giving Khalad an angry glance.

Khalad was not angry that Melost had attacked him. He was convinced the reason for the attack was in Melost's past, or his wound. If the reason lay in the former, then perhaps there was a connection with this Arthain. After all, there was a good chance that Khalad and he looked alike, so perhaps Melost had thought Khalad to be him.

His concern right now, though, was on what to do. There was no use in pondering more over these matters, as only Melost could answer them. And Vlad, who was guarding him, probably didn't feel friendly enough to allow Khalad to have a chat with the elf.

The best thing to do would be to let Vlad cool down, and see what tomorrow might bring. But as Khalad lay down to sleep, a grim and ironic thought came to him: "If this is how elves and men are united, I fear Sauron shall have to little resistance."

[ July 30, 2003: Message edited by: Daniel Telcontar ]