View Single Post
Old 03-28-2003, 03:39 PM   #3
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hello! I've been waiting for the sequel to the Blue Mountains, and I'm glad that the discussion thread is already up! If it's alright, I'd like to 'audition' for this game, so here's my character!

Name: Ajada
Race: Human (Female)

Physical Appearance: Ajada’s hazy blue-grey eyes shine mischievously above freckles that dot the girl’s cheeks, thanks to the summer sun. Her dark brown curly hair is unruly and sometimes frizzy, and is always pulled back and tied at the nape of her neck. Ajada hates being short, for it always limits her visibility over large crowds.

History: Ajada grew up in Minas Tirith, the daughter of a writer and a counselor to the king. Her father, the counselor, died soon after Ajada's birth, of some sickness that Ajada was never told about. Ajada's mother schooled her during her youth, and Ajada became quite the little writer, just like her mother. Her mother died when Ajada was fourteen, and Ajada and her older brother had to find a way to support themselves. Ajada became an apprentice to a record-keeper of Gondor, and continued her writing and work as she lived with the man and his family in their shop.

Personality: Ajada has little tolerance for people who keep their heads in the clouds, or who are blatantly uneducated. Ajada would like to call herself witty and clever, and as an actress would she tries her hardest to play the part perfectly. She often lectures others for what she’d deem as being ‘fluffy’, ‘unrealistic’, and ‘overly ambitious’. Ajada usually has a totally down-to-earth view of her surroundings and the world.

Ajada hardly believes in the classical fairytale or make believe, but loves to do an authors work in narrating her own daily life. Treating everything like a news report, Ajada has a good memory for details and events. Ajada’s opinion of almost everything is incredibly overstated and exaggerated, and it typically isn’t safe to take her word for things while she’s on the job. Ajada is really paranoid when she talks to people about a story she’s “cooking up”, and she tends to think that because she’s reporting something, everyone is out to get her. "Or so my sources say!" is a common phrase with Ajada, for she is deathly afraid of someone overhearing and quoting her to use everything against her. One might say Ajada works too hard, and that creeping down hallways on tiptoe or somersaulting across open doorways is too eccentric for her, but Ajada takes her job very seriously.

Mysteries and tragedies are Ajada’s specialty. She often hangs around the guards, dropping subtle hints about a possible thievery, or perhaps a conspiracy or plot to assassinate the king (or anything else her imagination can think of). Ajada, like any daughter of a well-known writer, knows several different languages and has a good mind for politics. Ajada has the bad habit of cursing in three different languages if she runs out of ink or gets into trouble with the guards. Ajada can be quite nosy, and overly suspicious of anything and everything. Ajada will jumps to conclusions more than she should, and enjoys a good suspect chase.

Weapons: Seeing Ajada with her ink, pen, and paper scares almost anybody away as if it were a great sword or bow. Ajada doesn’t know anything about weapons, as she never really needed to.

Reason for Going to Isengard: Her master, the record-keeper, felt the need to send one of his apprentices on the adventure to document the happenings. As Ajada's father was close to the King (Or the King's father, depending on how the game owners want to depict the man!), the King allowed her to go along and help all she could.

There! If anything else is needed, like a first post or something, just let me know! I'm glad you all got the discussion thread up (finally [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img])!

Aylwen

[ June 24, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]