View Single Post
Old 11-12-2003, 02:03 PM   #9
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Beren87,

Thanks for the post. Good going! I changed just one minor point. The main group of refugees is in the Weather Hills, but the scouting party is not far from Bree. I changed that one word to indicate that you are returning to a campsite not too far from Bree.

Posters, especially bandits -

The entire recruiting sequence is now up, including Minastan joining the band. See the post for November 5, at 3:07 a.m.

I will go ahead and welcome the riff-raff back into camp and will urge the ruffians to organize and go out raiding the farmsteads. That's the next thing we need to be doing in the story...

We also have a real recruit who is considering joining up as one of the new bandits. As soon as I know something more, I'll let you know.

I am making the assumption that the new folk would be a rougher lot than the original refugees, and there is the possibility of friction. In the earlier scene, they let the hobbit go without injuring him. I can well imagine these later folk getting "out of hand", against Lotar's and even Guthwine's advise and starting to injure and kill.

What think you?

Cami