Thread: Hunted RPG
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2004, 04:32 PM   #8
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
The Eye

Orofaniel's post

Daisy closed the door behind her as the wind blew coldly in her hair. She shivered so she tightened her coat around her waist. The snowflakes were falling down as light feathers, but as cold as the icy waters. She walked out of the small gate from the garden. It had once been the prettiest garden in the area, because of the blooming flowers in every colour. It hadn't been like that for a long time, Daisy thought and sighed. Even during summer the snow had been there, and there hadn't been much "gardening" on daisy lately. The only thing you could see now was some stick with ice sticking up to the surface, but no flowers.

Most of, or all the crops in the back yard had also been frozen away and died.

Suddenly Daisy realised that she was standing face to face with Melody Took. Melody's beautiful hazel eyes were looking at Daisy as she greeted her.

"What brings you here?" Daisy asked curiously while she gave a short laugh. Melody laughed as well, and smiled.

"Well, actually...." She started narrowing her eyes. "Since it has been such a long winter...and since there isn't much food left, it has been suggested that group of Hobbits should get to Rivendell to get food and supplies. You know, the crops all over the shire are gone…died…." She said and looked anxious at Daisy. "Even your beautiful garden is covered in snow and ice..." She said finally looking down on the ground.

"Oh....I would live to come" Daisy exclaimed. "I would love to do something for the Shire...to bring food and supplies from Rivendell ...and too the Hobbits!" She continued, her sparks in her eyes were not to be overseen.

"Yes, that's....understandable." Melody said and shrugged. "But that is also one of the problems...."She continued. "You see...there was a meeting where Tom gathered the Hobbits that would be needed for the journey. He told me and Ivy that we should prepare the food they needed for the journey and so on. But when we asked if we could come, something we both were hoping for, he said no." Melody said with a heavy sigh. It was obvious that she wanted to come as well, and not be shut out like that.

"Oh….I see." Daisy said and blushed. "So, you want me to help or...." Daisy continued, her face now turning into her normal colour again.

"Well, you could help me and Ivy with the supplies the Hobbits need for the journey. I guess...." She said doubtfully. She eyed the disappointment in Daisy's eyes, and smiled: "Well, we could ask Tom again!" She suggested. "First time it was only me and Ivy, but no you'll be there too. So we'll be more and stronger!” She said enthusiastically.

Daisy straightened her back and smiled as well. She thought it was a splendid idea, and she thought for herself that this wasn't an opportunity to throw away. She had to try....