View Single Post
Old 01-19-2004, 12:20 AM   #97
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Sting

I'd like to apologise to everyone for holding you up. I lost quite a bit of stuff on my computer recently, which included all the profiles of characters I have played on the Downs...ever!

So I copied Malin's profile from here, but figured I would re-write the first post completely. I hope its okay! Again, any changes meeded, let me know! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

~*~

Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? Yes. The Return of the Grey Company, Swan Wood, Sailing Away, Breelanders All.

How many RPG’s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in? Swan Wood, and Breelanders All.

Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? Yes, White Horse.

NAME: Maron Sandbrace
RACE: Dwarf

WEAPONS: A large axe, and a set of small throwing axes. He also has a dagger in his boot, but it is more for eating than a weapon in most cases.

APPEARANCE: Brown eyes and long brown hair, braided and kept under a helm at most times. There is a noticeable scar on his left cheek. He brands it like a mark of battle, but it is really a product of a smithy accident

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Maron has the temperament expected of any dwarf. He has a generous stubborn streak, and a passion for defending what he loves, his home and her honour. He also has the typical act-first-think-later attitude, but it has yet gotten him into danger over his head. He does have a tendency to be a tad clumsy, but only when his mind strays too far from his body. When in peril, he is as sharp as his smithy skills.

HISTORY: Maron has become known for his weaponmaking skills through many places in Erebor. He inherited his smithy from his father, who passed away when he was very young. He now looks after his elderly Uncle, Evor Sandbrace.

~*~

Taralphiel's post

Maron heard clattering at the storefront of his smithy, where he last saw his Uncle. Grumbling heavily, he wiped his dirty brow with his workman’s glove and stepped out from behind an anvil. In one hand he still carried a smoldering length of steel, which was to be made into a long axe for a customer. Coming to himself, he quickly set it down in the water barrel. Shuffling through the room, he saw his Uncle with a great beaming smile on his face, holding an opened letter. Maron raised his eyebrows.

‘What have you got there, Uncle?’

‘Oh, a letter for you! It says you are to go back to the Great Halls and help with cleaning the place out! How wonderful! I should like to come too!’

Maron snatched the letter from his Uncle and eyed him ‘Don’t be daft Uncle. Noone’s gone back in years!’ He peered at the letter, and almost knocked a whole shelf down.

‘Bless me! They are going back! This is some thing!’ he rested his free hand on the front bench and grinned.

‘That axe I made for Balin not too long ago must have impressed him enough to consider me! I shall show them my handling is as good as my making!’

His Uncle laughed heartily at that, and it took Maron a while to get him quiet. Moving back to his workshop, he began taking down some of his finest works from their holders. Running his hands over them, he said to himself, ‘I said I would save these for when I thought my great works were to be done! Now I see my time has arrived!’ He lifted an axe and let it glint in the firelight ‘Maron Sandbrace, one of the Company to restore the Great Halls! I quite like that title!’

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 2:10 AM January 19, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]