View Single Post
Old 10-17-2003, 05:40 PM   #482
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elora has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hmmmm, my plans had been for Vanwe to run into Maethor in the woods as I surmised that Maethor would be about looking for Dulrain...

I'm unsure about Vanwe meeting him at the Prancing Pony, as there will be confrontation between Maethor, Barrold and Avanill where Vanwe is recaptured again. My gut instinct tells me that those two would be unlikely to defeat a Ranger and kidnap Vanwe again in an Inn or even the streets of Bree.

Following on from that re-capture, I my plans had gone so far as to have Dulrain stumble across Maethor as Barrold and Avanill flee the scene of the attack with Vanwe. That way, the two Rangers would meet up and be able to exchange any information of relevance to them.

Then I had planned to have Barrold, Avanill and Vanwe return to Tallas' shack, attack the old man and raid his supplies. Dulrain would rouse the unconscious Maethor and try to piece together what the two scoundrels were up to and where Naiore is.

That's pretty much the scene I had painted in my head, all of it taking place in the woods adjoining Bree (according to Fonstad's reference map as that's the hardcopy atlas I own).

Will that be a problem? Do we need to tweak this a little. If so, please let me know. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I'll be back tomorrow night - another crowded weekend before me, and I'll edit and alter anything I need to then, if that's OK by everyone. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Everdawn if you feel that I'm hijacking Avanill, please let me know. I'm a little worried that I'm just jerking him about to fit my character plans and he's very much your character. I'd hate to overstep the line and tread on your toes. So, if I am, please holler! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight