View Single Post
Old 10-31-2003, 09:56 PM   #33
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

After everyone had voted almost unanimously for Thoronmir, the Ranger stood up. "I accept the leadership of this party, as per the vote. However, I do have one thing to say. This quest is not for the faint-hearted. You will be in mortal danger throughout this journey. If anyone chooses to back out, he or she need not be ashamed."

He looked at each of them in turn. Nobody spoke.

"Very well, then. You are all coming, I take it. I shall do my best to keep you all safe on this journey. We will leave tomorrow morning, riding north along the Brandywine River. If anyone does not have a horse or a pony, they should buy one as soon as possible. Get as much sleep as you can tonight. We have a busy day ahead of us."

"Good!" said the hobbit named Doderic. "I'm glad that's settled. The Master of Buckland has seen to it that you have all the provisions you and your mounts can bear. You have the rest of today to say your good-bye's and make any final arrangements you need. I will meet you in the courtyard at dawn to see you off." He clapped his hands and said, "If there's nothing else, I have old acquaintances to renew."

With that, some departed; others, including Thoronmir, stayed and talked for a while.