View Single Post
Old 04-07-2002, 04:02 PM   #15
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

I agree that the company would have had much harder a time getting into Lorien without Legolas. If Legolas did not jump into the tree, hear the cry in Elvish, jump down, and respond, the Elves could, very well, have shot the Company. That would not have been good (to make an understatement). That is the line that they kind of copied in the LotR: FotR Movie with the "...breathing so hard, we could have shot them in the dark". They were commenting on the company being loud, and the fact that they referenced to shooting them in the dark suggests that they WOULD HAVE shot them in the dark, so to speak, without Legolas.

Gimli, too, was important. Yes, he did repair the friendship between Elves and Dwarves, but he also fought valiantly (remember when they lost Gimli, and it turned out that he was in a cave fighting? He most likely saved many men...and he did save Eomer).

Yes, I believe that the quest would not have been the same without any of the characters. Even Boromir (as one person brought up) had a role. Without his death, Faramir would not have really become involved with the armies as much, probably would not have gotten injured, would not have met Eowyn, and then there goes an entire line. That means that Eowyn would have still pined for Aragorn (and his power), and would most likely have never been satisfied.

Any other characters you want me to defend? I'm ready *takes a defensive sports stance* bring it on! LOL [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]