View Single Post
Old 12-14-2003, 01:06 PM   #29
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Where did you get that from?

We know for a fact that Elves are an extremely strong race and can endure hardships. Just look at the Crossing of the Helcaraxë (from The Silmarillion). If THAT didn't take strength, then I don't know what will.

Quote:
And he and his host wandered long in misery, but their valour and endurance grew with hardship; for they were a mighty people, the elder children undying of Eru Iluvatar, but new-come from the Blessed Realm, nd not yet weary with the weariness of Earth. The fire of their hearts was young, and led by Fingolfin and his sons, and by Finrod and Galadriel, they dared to pass into the bitterest North; and finding no other way they endured at last the terror of the Helcaraxë and the cruel hills of ice. Few of the deeds of the Noldor thereafter surpassed that desperate crossing in hardihood or woe.
(The Silmarillion)

Quote:
"I thought I saw a white figure that shone and did no grow dim lik the others. Was that Glorfindel then?"

"Yes, you saw him for a moment as he is upon the other side: one of the mighty of the Firstborn. He is an Elf-lord of a house of princes."
(Fellowship of the Ring)

Ergo, Elves are much stronger than you think they are, especially those who have seen the Light of the Two Trees of Aman.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote