Thread: Acting out FOTR
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2002, 09:27 PM   #4
Jeli Baggins
Haunting Spirit

Jeli Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Jeli Baggins
Sting

well, one time my family and my bro's friend and my friend went to a campground on vacation. we wanted to act out certain "scenes" from the movie so i printed out a script of lotr, and use my dad's video camera and my soundtrack and cd player.

we felt like pj when we had to tramp through the campground in costume looking 4 a "shooting location". we found a place that look exactly like when sam n frodo are hiking after gandalf leaves them (not the waterfall or the part w/ the mountain in the backround, but the place where you see a small house and trees in the backround)

so i played frodo, my friend played gandalf, my neice (11) played sam, my bro video-taped with one speaker of my headphones taped on the microphone of the video camera, and my nephew (13) threw his hat out of camera range so my neice would know when to say "this is it" to line up with the music. (when the cd player said the time "1:11", he knew then to throw it, we used track 4, cause that's what they use in the movie) we hoped to do the canoe scene (they had canoe rentals and from one veiwpoint it looked like the real "eastern shore" and the scene where boromir dies. but that one scene took two days to get prepared! (can't wait till next time! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )
it was really fun, i wish i could show u guys how it turned out sumhow on here, my mom can't get over our acting skills. haha [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
"My dear Frodo! Hobbits really are amazing creatures. You can learn all that there is to know about their ways in a month, and yet after a hundred years they can still surprise you." ~ Gandalf to Frodo
Jeli Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote