View Single Post
Old 10-23-2003, 04:24 AM   #252
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

Sharon,

You can get some pretty good hobbit-clothes at "Elf-Mart". I used to sew, once, a long time ago. (Who's got the time?)

I've been collecting music. Soundtracks I and II, of course; Dawn, Evening, and Night in Rivendell, all by the Tolkien Ensemble; Starlit Jewel by Broceliande; and even an LP from the Rankin-Bass cartoon Hobbit (okay, okay, but I LIKE the Rankin-Bass songs, I really do.) I downloaded Donald Swann off the internet. And I even found Bo Hansson, although I hardly ever listen to it. In general I prefer songs (THE songs) to interpretive orchestration.

I'm still on the lookout for the "clean copy" of just the songs from the BBC production of LOTR. It only comes in the Big New Set, and I've already got a regular copy of the entire BBC narration, so I've got no excuse to buy another entire set... (anyone have a BBC-LOTR-song-CD that you wanna sell? PM me...)

I also cherish the ambition of getting the whole Ron Inglis narration, since he sings the songs, and I hear he does a very hobbitty job of it.

After extensive searching I also relocated my lost handwritten list of Celtic Tunes to use with Tolkien's Songs. Phew! It's a short list, but the tunes really do work well. (Least I think so.)

Alatariel:
Quote:
"It's impossible to have Frodo without Sam, or Sam without Frodo. They're like two halves of one heart.."
Cool quote. Who said that?

[ October 23, 2003: Message edited by: mark12_30 ]