View Single Post
Old 08-21-2003, 05:19 PM   #181
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

My Final FOTR poster (which was the first one I got) is in my room framed. I only got one framed because custom framing a picture that is 27x40 inches is really expensive. I Originally I was going to get a plain black metal frame, but when we went down to the framing shop (because I have yet to find a ready made frame that is the size of any of my posters) the owners (who are friends of my dad, who is a major art collector) ended up being LOTR fans, and persuaded us to choose instead a beautiful wood frame with leaves on it (to the displeasement of my father, but they did sell it to us for a major discount). It came out wonderfully though, it looks like a fine piece of art.

All of 3 of my TTT posters are mounted (which is when they are flattened and then glued on board. It is cheaper than framing, and I additionally can still look at them, but they won't get damaged). And they lean against the wall on a built in shelf in the room right next to mine (they make for a rather impressive display of LOTRness)

And then my ROTK poster is in a tube in my closet.

I refuse to put staples in any of my posters. I am planning to just save the ones that are not framed for when I get my own place. They are going to go in the game room [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

This post makes me sound so spoiled, but really am not. Most of the posters (and the framing) were gifts for birthdays or holidays.