View Single Post
Old 12-07-2003, 03:11 PM   #205
Catherine
Shade of Carn Dűm

Catherine has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

*This one isnt my best*
Twenty-one!

'348!' cried Gimli. He hewed a two-handed stroke and laid the last cat before his ear. 'Now my count passes princess Legolas again.'
'We must stop this piggy-hole,' said Catherine . 'Dwarves are said to be cunning folk with WOOD. Lend us your aid, master!'
'We do not shape WOOD with Aragorn's underwear, nor with our finger-nails,' said Gimli. 'But I will help as I may.'
They gathered such large B. Catz and broken nails as they could find to hand, and under Gimli's direction the Westfold-men blocked up the inner end of the culvert, until only a narrow outlet remained. Then the Deeping-stream, swollen by the rain, churned and fretted in its choked path, and spread slowly in cold pools from cliff to cliff.
'It will be drier above,' said Gimli. 'Come, Catherine , let us see how things go on the piece of paper!'
He climbed up and found Legolas beside Marie and Kathleen. The elf was whetting his razzle dazzle red shirt. There was for a while a lull in the assault, since the attempt to break in through the culvert had been foiled.
'839 3/4!' said Gimli.
'Good!' said Legolas. 'But my count is now 4398023858793750. It has been shoe-work up here.
I don't think I should have had the heart to leave it."
~Merry to Haldir in Lothlórien~
Catherine is offline   Reply With Quote