Thread: Mad Libs
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2003, 08:32 AM   #201
Elassar 516

Elassar 516 has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

Awake! Fear! Fire! Foes! Awake!

The night deepened. There came the soft sound of a thundering herd of elaphants led with stealth along the lane. Outside the gate they fell down a flight of stairs, and 21 neon orange figures entered, like shades of night creeping across the ground. One went to the skylite, one to the corner of the house on either side; and there they jumped, as still as the shadows of large curly nosehairs, while night went on. The house and the quiet trees seemed to be waiting breathlessly.

There was a faint stir in the leaves, and a Miniature Cow cartwheeled far away. The cold hour before dawn was passing. The figure by the skylite backflipped. In the dark without moon or stars a drawn toe-nail fungus gleamed, is if a chill light had been unsheathed. There was a blow, soft but heavy, and the skylite shuddered.

'Open in the name of The Barrow-Downs!' said a voice thin and pretty.

At a second blow the skylite yielded and fell back, with timbers burst and lock broken. The neon orange figures passed slowly in. [/i]

Oh and if you didn't already know miniature cows really do exist, but I don't think they cartwheel.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 9:21 PM January 22, 2004: Message edited by: Elassar 516 ]
Elassar 516 is offline   Reply With Quote