View Single Post
Old 11-17-2003, 10:11 AM   #62
Eurytus
Wight

Eurytus has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Lindil, something weird seems to be happening with the posting and I don't know if your first response to my latest answer to the Galadriel question was there before I answered. It did not appear to be but now is so I don't want it to appear as if I was rude and ignored your subsequent post.

However I have to say that I cannot agree with this;
Quote:
The same must be said for the Galadriel issue addressed above. If you do not see the intimate and to my mind indisoluable bond between character and that characters innate power then there is probably nothing I can do to explicate it.
A character can be powerful but poorly defined with no psychological depth. Sauron after all is powerful and in LOTR you see absolutely nothing about him.
To a lesser extent Glorfindel too is portrayed as very powerful and again you do not get a good insight into his character in my view.

However we will doubtless not agree on this issue and it seems as if I am annoying everyone though it was not my intention so I will desist in this thread.

Well, ok, unless a point is made that really, really grabs me and I just have to answer it........

But otherwise...cheers,

Lionel Hutz
Eurytus is offline   Reply With Quote