View Single Post
Old 05-25-2003, 04:40 PM   #63
Leona
Animated Skeleton

Leona has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

I seriously always thought the elves were over-rated. I mean it's great and everything to have the history in there, but why does it all have to center around elves and men? Aren't dwarves important?

I've never been particularly fond of Gimili, or any of the dwarves for that matter, but I think if I could have more information on them I might enjoy reading about them more.

I totally agree with you guys about the fact that Gimli should not have been portrayed the way he was in TTT, but you really have to look at it from the point of view of a director. I know the book is supposed to be sad and serious, but someone who has not read the book, is not going to sit through three hours of saddness and dispare. PJ needed someone to lighten up the situation, and give it a liittle more apeal. Now that I'm thinking of it, especially for younger audiences. But what I wonder, is why couldn't Legolas have done that? I mean, Aragorn just wouldn't work, but why not Legolas? As far as I can tell his only job is to warn the fellowship of danger, and shot it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not all for out with the elves and in with teh dwarves, but I think it might have been nice if the spotlight could have been shared a little more equally.