View Single Post
Old 09-08-2003, 10:28 PM   #33
Linnamalle
Haunting Spirit

Linnamalle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
What happened to the guys your mother used to warn you about? Lost their appeal, have they?
Heck, yes.

Remember the old quote "There are guys you date and guys you marry?" The guys my mother used to warn me about, that I dated anyway, were by and large a waste of a perfectly good evening. In plain english: selfish arrogant bastards. The most profound pleasure obtained from the "relationships" (or lack thereof) with those "men" (or shadows thereof), was in dumping them, and good riddance.

On the other hand, tomorrow I celebrate 13 years of marriage to a magnificent man whose personality these days bears an ever-increasing resemblance to many of Legolas' more profound traits.

(Although his archery isn't as good, yet, nevertheless it's improving.)

But I digress from my point. Have the others lost their appeal? Uh-huh, as if they've sprouted mildew... or worse.

It goes without saying that Tolkien preferred virtue to vice.
They spoke no more of the small news of the Shire far away; nor of the dark shadows and perils that encompassed them, but of the fair things they had seen in the world together, of the Elves, of the stars, of trees, and the gentle fall of the bright year in the woods.
Linnamalle is offline   Reply With Quote