View Single Post
Old 12-11-2003, 05:16 PM   #1224
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
At that moment there came a roaring and a rushing: a noise of loud waters rolling many stones. Dimly Frodo saw the river below him rise, and down along its course there came a plumed cavalry of waves. White flames seemed to Frodo to flicker on their crests and he half fancied that he saw amid the water white riders upon white horses with frothing manes. The three Riders that were still in the midst of the Ford were overwhelmed: they disappeared, buried suddenly under angry foam. Those that were behind drew back in dismay.
Ah--a better day today! I have finally reached the Ford of Bruinen and I would have cried aloud "By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me!" But the UPS man didn't look like he was having a very good day, so I left off! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Naz, as usual, is hot on my trail! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Cheers,
Lyta (438 miles, across the Ford, on the home stretch to Rivendell...get ready all y'all who are enjoying the comforts of Rivendell--here comes a hungry, tired hobbit!) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote