View Single Post
Old 08-16-2003, 12:46 PM   #751
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dûm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Shield

Quote:
-When you say to your cousin's cat: "Have I ever told you the tale of Frodo Nine-Fingers and the Ring of Doom?"
When I was up to the lake with my obsessed friend and her family and cousins, her 8-year old brother was walking around singing over and over "Frodo Nine-Fingers and the Ring of Doooooom!!!" I think he might have gotten it from the animated ROTK, but I wouldn't know since I've only seen the Bakshi one.

Quote:
When the dog you're pet sitting does something really stupid (like runs into a wall for example) you say "You fool of a Took-Ruddy-Dog!"
I often say stuff like that to my dog, but I say stuff like, "Fool of a beagle!" and "Fool of a dog!" and "Fool of a Bernie!" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] But my rabbit's name is Pip (after Pippin) and I also say to him "Fool of a Took!"

Quote:
-You walk to your friend's house barefoot, ignoring the scaldingly hot pavement and rocky backroads... *I'm gonna have blisters tomorrow*
We did that at the lake when we were in the woods looking for maple saplings to roast marshmallows with, and my friend's cousin who likes LOTR was saying "ow..." like every 5 seconds, and my brother says, "What's wrong?" She says, "My hobbit feet haven't grown in yet!" It was quite funny.
But now I walk my dog barefoot all the time, and the pavement doesn't burn my feet anymore. It's starting to get scary...

Quote:
-You get your mom to do the wave for Boromir the disco king. *I couldn't help myself! They were playing disco on the radio!*
I did that too... heheheh...

~You're obsessed when sunsets look like Mount Doom erupting. (Once there was a sunset where this cloud was sorta triangular, and the sun was sitting right on top of it, and it looked like Mount Doom! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] )

~You're obsessed when every time the windows or mirrors are fogged up when you get out of the shower, you write "DO THE WAVE FOR BOROMIR THE DISCO KING!!!" (I do it all the time....)

~You're obsessed when you and your friend are hiking up a mountain and you're waaaay behind everyone else because you're stopping and exclaiming, "Mushrooms!" at every one you find and pocketing it.
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote