View Single Post
Old 04-21-2003, 10:04 PM   #254
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Dang, still in Green Hill country. But only 8 more miles to Woody End!! Maybe I'll make it to Rivendell by Christmas....

Quote:
And I just priced the Ron Inglis version; upwards of $90 for the whole set. Yeow.
Helen: I got my Ron Inglis set on ebay about a month ago for $66, the Silmarillion unabridged for $41 & the Ron Inglis Hobbit for $11.50. I monitored and bid for a couple of weeks before I actually won the auction. Keep checking. You can find it cheaper than $90. I've been listening to the Martin Shaw Silmarillion in the car, and I'm really impressed with his reading.

---------------------------------------
"Well, that's that," he said. "Now I'm off!"
Bilbo chose his favorite stick from the stand; then he whistled. Three dwarves came out of different rooms where they had been busy.
"Is everything ready?" asked Bilbo. "Everything packed and labelled?"
"Everything," they answered.
"Well, let's start then!" He stepped out of the front door.
It was a fine night, and the black sky was dotted with stars. He looked up, sniffing the air. "What fun! What fun to be off again, off on the road with dwarves! This is what I have really been longing for, for years! Good-bye!" he said, looking at his old home and bowing to the door. "Good-bye, Gandalf!"
"Good-bye, for the present, Bilbo. Take care of yourself! You are old enough, and perhaps wise enough."
"Take care! I don't care. Don't you worry about me! I am as happy now as I have ever been, and that is saying a great deal. But the time has come. I am being swept off my feet at last," he added.....
Then without another word he turned away from the lights and voices in the fields and tents, and followed by his three companions went round into his garden, and trotted down the long sloping path. He jumped over a low place in the hedge at the bottom, and took to the meadows, passing into the night like a ristle of wind in the grass.