View Single Post
Old 04-19-2003, 12:26 PM   #242
peony_foxburr
Haunting Spirit

peony_foxburr has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peony_foxburr
Sting

Posting from the Gaffer's computer--had to adjust settings a bit to enable cookies for the Forum before I could post [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. Made it past the Watchers on Monday and caught a ride from the Eagles to this portion of my journey. I see I've been given credit for 20 miles already, but in honesty must confess I'm only up to 10.5 so far (in 4 days, though, and did 4 yesterday). My pack was so heavy, owing to the cast iron cookery Sam insisted on packing for me, that my back is a little strained, so I've had to take it easy at first. This particular Green Hill country is quite lovely--very bright even when the sun is behind clouds---and nearby is a trail built where an Earthbound Dragon used to run, long ago. It's now used by walkers, riders, and Elves who go by so quickly their feet don't seem to touch the ground! Hope to reach the first campsite in the next couple of days [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].
"And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed on into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water."
-The Return of the King
peony_foxburr is offline   Reply With Quote